As you know, the organisation of a trip to Cambodia is prepared in advance and requires a visa. If you wish to travel to Cambodia in the near future, you must have a visa which you can obtain directly online from a service provider such as the one we present on our page or by contacting the Cambodian embassy in your country of residence. Whichever method you wish to use to apply for your visa, you will need to complete an official application form. In this article, we will explain how to fill in the Cambodia visa application form to avoid mistakes and to ensure that you get that famous residence document.
Where and how to fill in the visa application form for Cambodia?
As we have just seen, there are two different ways to access the official visa application form for Cambodia. Firstly, you can go to the Cambodian embassy in your country of residence to fill in the form manually.
It is also possible to carry out this procedure directly online, by accessing a digital form, which will save you valuable time and will only take a few minutes at most.
When you apply for a Cambodia visa online, you can fill in the form in two different ways with :
- Classic form filling: This classic method of filling in the Cambodia visa application form consists of filling in each field of the online form yourself. It will be necessary to proofread all your answers before submitting your application, as mistakes may have been made when inserting the information. These errors may result in your visa application being refused.
- Automatic filling of your form: In order to simplify the process of applying for a visa for Cambodia and to avoid errors when filling in the form, the Cambodian government has recently implemented an automatic filling system for this application. This feature, called Passport Reader, is a feature that is available from many online providers. Here, after uploading your passport photo, the software will automatically detect your information and insert it into the fields to be filled in. You will simply have to check the validity of this information and pay the visa application fee.
What documents are required to complete the Cambodia visa application form?
Before you go to the website of our service provider to apply for a visa for Cambodia and to fill in the application form, you must make sure that you have the necessary elements for this application. Here are the different documents that you will be asked to provide when filling in the visa application form.
- Your passport: Before applying for a visa for Cambodia online, you must of course make sure that you have a valid original passport which is valid for at least 6 months after the date of leaving Cambodia. You should also bring a copy of your passport in A4 or digital format with the page on which your photo is taken.
- A passport photo: You must have a recent passport photo in colour to be affixed to the form either electronically or manually, if you are applying for a visa to Cambodia.
- An envelope and a registered letter: Finally, if you are applying for a visa at the Cambodian embassy in your country of residence or if you are applying by post, you must enclose an envelope containing your passport and a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt mentioning your name and address and a book of stamps for 20g letters. This last item will of course not be necessary if you apply online.
What information should be included in the visa application form for Cambodia?
Let's move on to the practical side of things by looking at the different items you will need to fill in when applying for a visa to Cambodia. It is essential to know what information you will be asked to provide in order to avoid making the slightest mistake that could lead to your visa being refused.
Thus, in the visa application form, you will be asked to provide the following information
- Your birth name, your married name is your first name.
- Your date and place of birth.
- Your gender.
- Your nationality at birth and your current nationality.
- Your date of arrival in Cambodia is the date of departure from Cambodia or duration of stay.
- Your intended address of residence in Cambodia.
- Your point of entry into the country and the means of transport.
- Your passport number, place of issue and date of issue and expiry.
- Your postal address, email and telephone number.
- The reason for your stay.
- Your place of work and telephone number.
- Your point of exit from the country.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.