A trip to Cambodia is the dream of many travellers. But this type of trip cannot be prepared overnight and it is necessary to know the conditions of entry into the country before organising it. This is why we propose, through this article, to discover the complete list of conditions and formalities to enter Cambodia.
Summary of requirements for entering Cambodia :
First of all, in order to enter Cambodia, you will need various documents including
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 6 months after your return date;
- A tourist visa.
Among other requirements and formalities for a trip to Cambodia, certain vaccinations are strongly recommended, including
- Universal vaccinations, including diphtheria, tetanus, polio, pertussis and hepatitis B;
- Hepatitis A vaccine;
- Typhoid vaccine;
- The rabies vaccine;
- The Japanese encephalitis vaccine;
- An antimalarial treatment.
Details of legal formalities for all travellers to Cambodia:
Let's now go into a little more detail about these formalities. First of all, let's remember that a traveller going to Cambodia must have in his possession a passport valid for at least 6 months after the return date of his trip, as well as a tourist visa.
The tourist visa for Cambodia will only be valid for one entry into the country and for a maximum stay of 30 consecutive days.
Minors wishing to visit Cambodia must have their own passport. They will also need to present an exit permit if they are not accompanied by one of their two legal parents, along with a copy of the identity card of one of the parents.
How do I get a visa to travel to Cambodia?
Let's now take a closer look at the issue of the visa for Cambodia. There are several ways to obtain a visa for Cambodia, as detailed below:
- Applying for a visa at the Cambodian Consulate: You can of course apply at the Cambodian Consulate in your home country with a passport photo and a photocopy of your passport, as well as a form to be filled in which can be downloaded from the Embassy website. The price of a Cambodian visa requested from the embassy or consulate will be 35€ with a turnaround time of approximately 3 working days.
- Applying for a visa on arrival in Cambodia: Cambodia is also one of the few countries that allows travellers to apply for a visa on arrival. This can be obtained at all land borders in Cambodia's international airports and is also valid for 30 days. It should be noted, however, that some airlines may refuse boarding to passengers who do not have visas and return tickets. Again, to apply for a visa on arrival, you will need to bring several passport photos and $30 in cash. Some local immigration officials will ask for an unofficial surcharge of between $5 and $10.
- Applying for a visa for Cambodia online with the e-visa: This third and last solution is undoubtedly the simplest of all since it is now possible to apply for a visa for Cambodia directly online. All you need to do is to access the official website or a service provider's website to access the application form. Once you have completed the form, you will need to upload a passport photo and a photo of yourself and pay by credit card. A fee for processing and transferring your application. The visa will then be sent to you by email within 3 days. All you need to do is print it out and take it with you on the day of your departure.
How do I get a passport to travel to Cambodia?
Of course, even before applying for a visa for Cambodia, you should make sure that you have a valid passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your return date.
If you do not yet have a passport in your name or if your current passport is about to expire, you must go to your nearest town hall to apply for a new one. To speed up the process, you can download the form online and fill it in before you go to the appointment. Your presence at the town hall will be required as fingerprinting will be required with the biometric visa procedure.
Please make sure you apply for your passport well in advance at the town hall, as processing times may vary from one town hall to another, but also according to the number of applicants and certain times of the year.
We recommend that you apply at least one month before your departure date to ensure that you have this precious document before applying for your visa online and that you have completed all the necessary formalities for travel to Cambodia.
What are the requirements for a visa to Cambodia from the UK?
If you are applying for a visa to Cambodia from the UK, it is important to meet the requirements to ensure a successful visa application. Cambodia is an attractive country with a rich history, ancient temples, idyllic beaches and an exciting culture. However, before you can enjoy all that the country has to offer, you need to get the right visa. Here's a detailed guide to the requirements for obtaining a visa to Cambodia from the UK.
- Valid passport: Firstly, you must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of entry to Cambodia. Make sure your passport is in good condition and has no damage such as torn pages or illegible stamps.
- Visa application form: You can complete the visa application form online or in person at the Cambodian Embassy in the UK. It is important to provide all correct and complete information on your application, as incomplete or incorrect applications may result in a visa refusal.
- Passport photo: A recent passport photo is also required to complete your visa application. Ensure that the photo is of good quality and meets the size and format requirements for passport photos.
- Sufficient means of support: It is important to be able to prove that you have sufficient means of support to cover your expenses while in Cambodia. This may include bank statements, credit cards, letters of financial guarantee or any other relevant documents that can prove that you have sufficient financial resources.
- Booked accommodation: It is also necessary to be able to prove that you have booked accommodation for your stay in Cambodia. This may include a hotel booking confirmation, an invitation from a local host or any other relevant document that can prove that you have a place to stay during your trip.
- Travel itinerary: You must also provide proof of your travel itinerary, including departure and arrival dates, transport information and intended destinations. This helps the authorities to better understand your trip and to assess whether you have concrete plans for your stay.
As a web writer and globetrotter with a passion for travel and tourism, I have acquired in-depth knowledge of the procedures that are essential for travellers. I help travellers to complete all the formalities required for a successful trip, particularly when it comes to obtaining a visa online. With several years' experience in this field, I'd like to offer you some valuable advice to help you discover the world with complete peace of mind.