Every year, more and more Canadian citizens wish to travel to India to visit the country for tourism or simply for a business trip. However, for this type of trip, it is necessary to complete some administrative formalities beforehand, including obtaining a visa. In this page, we will explain how you can quickly obtain a visa for India as a Canadian citizen with a fast and reliable online procedure.
Is the Indian visa required for Canadian travellers?
Of course, as is the case for many other nationalities, it is essential for a Canadian citizen wishing to travel to India to obtain a legal visa first. A visa is the only official document that allows you to stay in India legally.
But nowadays, it is no longer necessary to go to the Indian embassy or consulate in your country of residence to obtain such a residence document. There is indeed a 100% digital and online procedure that allows you to obtain this visa very quickly and in just a few minutes for the procedure.
So, if you are a Canadian national and you are planning to travel to India for tourism in the near future, it is highly recommended to go through the official website or through an online Indian visa service. There are many sites offering such services today. We recommend that you use a quality site such as the one we recommend on this page, which will allow you to obtain an Indian tourist visa within a few days.
Is it necessary for Canadian citizens to go to the Indian Embassy to obtain a visa?
Thanks to the new online procedure that was put in place by the Indian government a few years ago, it is no longer necessary to visit the Indian embassy or consulate in Canada to obtain this legal travel document.
Once you have completed the online procedure, you will receive your visa directly by email within a few days. There is no need to go to the Indian Embassy for confirmation of your visa or to have your passport stamped. Your e-visa will be automatically stored in the Indian government's central computer system and immigration officials can access it at any time from any airport in the world. They will, of course, have your full name, passport number and Canadian nationality.
However, it is recommended that you keep an electronic copy of the email receipt on your phone, computer or tablet, or print it out and take it with you on your trip to India.
What documents and proofs do Canadian citizens need to obtain a visa for India?
Actually, there is no need to provide any supporting documents in order to obtain an e-visa for India as a Canadian citizen. In some cases, however, you may be asked to provide certain supporting documents by the officers in charge of your file. In this case, you can send these documents electronically, i.e. by email or by uploading them directly from the website where you have applied for your visa.
Among the most frequently requested documents are of course a photocopy of your passport and a passport photo.
How long does it take to apply for a visa to India as a Canadian citizen?
The time required to process your visa application for India as a Canadian traveller will vary depending on the procedure you choose to follow. If you apply directly online with a quality service provider and have followed the online instructions correctly, you will be able to obtain your India visa very quickly, on average within 3 to 4 working days at most.
However, depending on the accuracy of the information you have provided and your responses to the questionnaire, it may take up to 7 working days to process your application. In order to know the exact processing time of your visa application, it is also necessary to take into account the public holidays in India.
In any case, to save precious time when filling in your application form and obtaining your Indian visa, we recommend using a quality website that offers online help in order to correctly answer the various questions asked. Quality sites like the one we represent on this page also allow you to benefit from a verification of your application before it is transferred to the Indian authorities. This will prevent you from making a mistake when filling in the form, which could lead to a longer processing time or to your application for a visa to India being refused and you having to start the process from the beginning.
What is the procedure for obtaining an Indian visa from Canada?
The process of obtaining a regular visa for India from Canada is relatively tedious. Here are the steps to follow to obtain an Indian visa from Canada:
- First, you need to fill in the online visa application form on the website of the Indian Embassy in Canada.
- ou will also need to upload a digital photo and all the necessary documents, such as your passport, proof of residency in Canada, airline ticket and travel itinerary.
- Once you have completed the online form and uploaded all the documents, you will need to print the visa application form and sign it.
- You will also need to provide a copy of your valid passport and a recent photograph to stick on the visa application form.
- You will then need to send the visa application form and all the necessary documents by post to the Indian Embassy in Canada.
- The Indian Embassy in Canada will review your visa application and, if approved, will send you your visa by mail.
It is important to note that the visa application process can take several weeks and you should start the visa application process well in advance of your trip to India.
Fortunately, it is now possible to significantly reduce this time and ease the process by applying for a visa electronically.
Here are the steps to follow to obtain an electronic Indian visa from Canada:
- Visit the website of the Embassy of India in Canada and click on the "Visa Services" tab or more simply, go to the website of a provider, recognized for its quality and which will give you access to a simplified procedure like the one we recommend on this page.
- Apply online by filling in the eVisa application form and uploading all the necessary documents, such as your passport, photo ID and proof of residence in Canada.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit card or PayPal account.
- Once your application is submitted and approved, you will receive an email with your eVisa. Print it out and bring it with you on your trip to India.
- Present your eVisa and passport to the Indian immigration authorities upon arrival in India.